To qualify for membership to MODSim the pilot is required to meet the following minimum criteria.
- The pilot must be in possession of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
- The pilot must be over the age of 18.
- The ability to fly on server once every 30 days. (See Pilot Inactivity Policy)
- The pilot must submit their real identity. ( No nicknames or callsigns are permitted )
- The ability to show professionalism within the organization and when conducting Online Operations.
Pilot Inactivity Policy
- MODSim operates a 30 day active flying policy which means pilots must fly at least one flight every 30 days.
- Pilots who are inactive after the 30 day period may be removed without notice from the rosters.
- You will NOT be entitled to any leave of abscense until you have served 90 days as an active pilot. There are no exceptions to this policy, so if you are unable to fulfill the minimum flying activity (one flight every 30 days) for your first 90 days please defer your application until such time that you are able to commit.
- We ask you to carefully consider before applying whether you are able to fulfil this basic commitment.
- Inactivity creates a burden on resources and time that can be better spent improving our services for members who participate with our operations.
- If you do fall inactive on our rosters and re-apply your past record of participation will be looked at.
Other Important information
- The number of current applicants waiting for entry is updated daily on the front page of the website. Please be patient with this process.
- While you are waiting for your application to be reviewed please use this is an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with our Operations.
- When you are accepted you will be ready to fly without looking at our procedures. This will save you considerable time and effort.
- Once your application is approved you will receive your RFR number along with the latest Operations Manual.
- If you have any queries regarding Applications in the meantime please contact the PMA team.
New Pilots Note
- Your first flight at MODSim must be completed within 14 days of your acceptance date.
- If you have difficulties with using our system please contact us as soon as possible so that we can assist you.
- If you do not contact us our system will automatically delete you from our database.
- If you do not receive a reply within 14 days please see our FAQs for a possible answer to your query.
- You will not be entitled to any leave of absence until you have served 90 days as an active pilot.
Ready to join our ranks?
After reading all of the above and if you are still interested in joining, then please proceed to our application form below..
MODSim provides the largest UK Military Virtual experience, and a great sense of community.
Proceed to Application Form